Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings (6)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp pepper sauce (we used Frank's hot sauce)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 ½kg chicken wings, halved at the joint
- In a large bowl, mix together the garlic, olive oil, cider vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, honey and a couple of cracks of black pepper. Add the chicken wings and toss around to make sure they’re fully covered in the marinade. If you have time, leave the wings to marinate for a couple of hrs in the fridge or ideally overnight.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Drain and reserve the marinade, then spread the wings out on a very large baking tray. Bake for 30 mins, then pour off the excess oil, add the reserved marinade and toss well. Increase oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Return to the oven and cook for a further 30 mins, tossing a few times to coat in the glaze as they cook. They should be sticky and glazed with most of the marinade evaporated. Serve on a large platter alongside other party snacks.
- Add some more salt to the mixture (~1tsp)
BBC Good Food: Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings