Lamb Cutlets with Garlic, Lemon and Harissa (5)
Next time try paprika instead of Harissa, and also scrape off the excess marinade as otherwise it burns at the high temperatures
- 12 lamb cutlets, well trimmed
- 2 tablesp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teasp. harissa powder
- 2 teasp. chopped fresh oregano or thyme
- 1 teasp. clear honey
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Serve with peach, soft cheese and rocket leaves, dressed with a little olive oil and lemon juice
- Place the olive oil in a shallow non-metallic dish and add the garlic, lemon rind and juice, paprika, herbs and honey. Season to taste and stir until well combined.
- Add the lamb, turning to coat, then set aside for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours covered with clingfilm in the fridge if time allows. The longer you marinade, the better the flavour.
- When you are ready to cook, light the barbecue or preheat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Shake off the excess marinade from the lamb. Put the lamb on the barbecue on medium-hot coals or on to the griddle pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked through, turning once. Remove from the heat and leave to rest for a couple of minutes. 4.Serve the lamb with the salad and crusty bread.
Based on https://www.bordbia.ie/recipes/lamb-recipes/lamb-cutlets-with-garlic-lemon-and-paprika/