- 6 x sea bass fillets, about 140g/5oz each, skin on and scaled
- about 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- large knob of ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 fat, fresh red chillies deseeded and thinly shredded
- bunch spring onion, shredded long-ways
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, then slash the skin 3 times.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add 1 tbsp oil.
- Once hot, fry the fish, skin-side down, for 5 mins or until the skin is very crisp and golden.
- The fish will be almost cooked through.
- Turn over, cook for another 30 secs-1 min, then transfer to a serving plate and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil, then fry the ginger, garlic and chillies for about 2 mins until golden.
- Take off the heat and toss in the spring onions. Splash the fish with a little soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan.