Yorkshire Pudding (3)
A lot of smoke was generated by the oven. Shouldn't have happened as sunflower oil has a higher burning temperature than 190C (perhaps my oven is hotter than it claims?).
Not enough mixture to fill all of the cupcake slots in the tray.
Perhaps I put too much mixture into each slot? The oil would have spilled onto the oven floor causing the smoke and also the unfilled slot could also have been a source of smoke.
Quite greasy when they came out.
Next time, make sure that there's a tray underneath the Yorkshire puddings to catch any oil. Ration the mixture so that all of the slots get a portion, cook for the full 20-25 minutes. Maybe use a little less oil
- 200ml whole milk
- 200g plain flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- sunflower oil
- Heat oven to 190C
- Pour sunflower oil into cupcake tray and heat up in oven
- Whisk eggs, milk and flour in bowl, add pinch of salt
- Pour mixture into measuring jug and let rest for a few minutes
- Pour mixture into cupcake tray, taking care not to spill any onto edges
- Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes